Wealth is something that everyone seeks! People often get inspired by successful and wealthy personalities and wish to follow in their footsteps. Wesley Snipes is one such personality who has risen to fame for many reasons. Therefore, the public and media have followed him and written much about his life.
Wesley Snipes is an American actor, film producer, and martial artist. He is a talented, famous, wealthy actor who was also accustomed to certain controversies. But have all these controversies affected Wesley Snipes’s Net Worth?
We discussed Wesley Snipes height, personal life, wife, children, relationships, and other details in our previous sections. Come, let us dive into Wesley Snipes’s Net Worth and find out how rich the Blade star is.
Quick Facts about Wesley Snipes
Table of Contents
Celebrated Name: Wesley Snipes
Full/real name: Wesley Trent Snipes
Date of Birth: July 31, 1962
Age: 61 years (as of 2023)
Birth Place: Orlando, Florida, United States
Zodiac sign: Leo
High School: Jones High School, Orlando
College/University: State University of New York, Purchase
Southwestern College, California
Qualification: Graduation in Music and Performing Arts
Height: 5 feet 9 inches, 175cm
Weight: 82 kg
Profession: Actor, producer, author, and martial artist
Sexual orientation: Straight
Marital status: Married
Name of wife: Nakyung Park (2003- present), April Dubois (1985–1990)
Number of kids: 5
Name of kids: Jelani Asar Snipes, Akhenaten Kihwa-T Snipes, Alaafia Jehu-T Snipes, Iset Jua-T Snipes, and Alimayu Moa-T Snipes.
Net Worth: more than $12 million (as of 2023)
Wesley Snipes Net Worth
- Snipes’s estimated net worth as of 2023 is more than $12 million.
- Luckily, he had a lot of success in the entertainment business because he started out as a martial artist.
- Also, he has choreographed action in many movies.
- Besides, Wesley Snipes has also produced or helped make a lot of movies.
- He also owns the movie production company called “Amen-Ra” and produced his first movie in 1996.
- Wesley Snipes is one of the world’s most famous actors.
- Very soon, he rose to success and has been in all of the “Blade” movies.
- He has a lot of fans all over the world now.
- Unfortunately, his apartment was destroyed in the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001.
Analysis of Wesley Snipes’s net worth and career earnings
- Fortunately, Wesley’s career had a swift start when he was discovered at a competition in his Graduation year.
- Immediately, he got his debut role in Wildcat the same year, in 1986, for which he received $30,000, according to reports.
- In 1987, he played a gang leader in the music video for Michael Jackson’s song “Bad.”
- Further, in 1987, Wesley got his first major box office hit with the 1989 sports comedy film Major League.
- It grossed $50 million on an $11 million budget.
- Later, he got his first major role in Jungle Fever, an interracial romance film.
- This 1991 movie was also a commercial success and grossed $43 million on a $14 million budget.
- In this period of Wesley’s career, he got several roles in many genres like action, romance, and drama.
- The actor excelled in almost everything he did and proved his versatility to his fans.
- He began receiving a huge amount of money for his roles.
- Reportedly, Wesley received $7 million for Drop Zone (1994), $5.5 million for Money Train (1995), and $7 million for The Fan (1996).
- Wesley Snipes reached heights when he got the opportunity to play Marvel comic character Blade.
- Blade (1998) grossed over $150 million against a $40 million budget.
The success of ‘Blade’ led the makers of ‘Blade II,’ which was also a big hit, to make a sequel in 2002.
— Wesley Snipes (@wesleysnipes) April 19, 2023
“Blade: Trinity,” which was also called “Blade III,” came out in 2004 and grossed $400 million worldwide.
Along with Snipes, Ryan Reynolds and Jessica Biel were also in the movie.
Tax Evasion matter
Between 1996 and 2004, Snipes was at the peak of his career and earned over $37 million. In spite of receiving the fat paychecks, he refused to give some part of his income to the government. Finally, in 2006 the tax department surrounded him. The IRS uncovered that Wesley had not filed tax returns from 1999 to 2004. On top of that, he used forged documents to file tax refunds of about $12 million in 1996 and 1997.
After a long battle, Wesley was found guilty of failure to file tax returns. Therefore, the department sentenced him to imprisonment of three years. Besides, he had to pay $14 million in back taxes. Meanwhile, his co-defendants were also found guilty. One was sentenced to jail for 10 years and the other for 4 years.
After finishing 90% of his imprisonment, he was released from jail on 2nd April 2013. And, his remaining time was on house arrest.
Post-prison and comeback of Wesley Snipes
After being released, he made his come-back with The Expendables III, which was a 2014 box-office hit. But, he didn’t get any role the following year. However, in 2015, Spike Lee gave him a role in Chi-Raq, which made huge numbers at the box office.
After that, Snipes looked upon Television for roles. Although he got the role in a series named, The Player, it was considered a failure and ended after 9 episodes.
Later, to restore his glory, Wesley put his hand on writing. He published his first-ever novel, a supernatural thriller called ”Talon of God’‘ in December 2016. Hopefully, a Blade sequel can revive things in his favor.
Wow! 🙌🏿check out these stats!
— Wesley Snipes (@wesleysnipes) February 13, 2023
Earning From Endorsements
People from all over the world look up to Wesley as an example to follow. Wesley has a lot of fans on all of the social media sites. Snipes gets asked by a lot of brands and tech companies to be their spokesperson. He also makes a nice sum for each sponsored post on his social media accounts.
— summer wheatley (@brittweedon) November 16, 2022
Wesley Snipes Cars
Snipes has a passion for cars. He has a Range Rover that he bought for a huge $420,000. Among his cars is also a Cadillac Escalade. The base price of the car is $76,295, so he may have paid at least that much for it.
Snipes has an Aston Martin Vanquish, which cost him a shocking $500,000. But because money was tight, he had to sell his favorite car. Besides that, he spent $100,000 on a Mercedes-Benz AMG. It is the car he usually drives. In the same way, he loves making his car fit his comfort and style. So he bought a Chevy Impala SS and got it customized.
Snipes is a multi-talented and successful actor, producer, and author. Wesley Snipes net worth is more than $12 million as of 2023. However, seeing his career graph, this net worth could have been much more had he not faced the pits and valleys in his life.