Violent Night, a film by Jeffrey Anderson, released in December 2022, revolves around a Christmas night. Catering to action, comedy, thriller, crime and fantasy genres. What is the Violent Night Age Rating? Are kids allowed to watch it? Is it okay to watch the movie with the kids? All your answers and worries are answered right here.
Violent Night was released in theatres on December 2, 2022, and on streaming, on December 20, 2022. Ever since its release, the movie has been under constant scrutiny regarding the rating of the movie. It is a debatable topic in a way that it’s not definite which ratings to give the movie.
Violent Night Movie Synopsis
Table of Contents
Let us dig into the detailed aspects of the movie. But first, let’s watch the trailer.
This movie is about Santa, who’s upset over the changed attitude of people. On Christmas Eve, Santa notices that everyone is busy in their own lives, and there isn’t any excitement about the festivity. Sad, angry, he’s seen sitting in a bar and drinking. Meanwhile, Jason Lightstone, with his wife and daughter, are on their way to celebrate the annual holiday festivity with his extensively wealthy mother.
Just as Santa arrives there to deliver gifts, he takes a halt for a quick sip of liquor and barges in the villain of the story. The criminal mastermind, Mr. Scrooge, is there with his gang of minions to steal $300 million from Jason’s mother’s vault. The money is missing, and the whole family becomes hostages to Scrooge.
Here comes Santa. Although he has to gather the courage to fight the criminal and his gang, he steps in and begins a massive fight. Hand-held weapons, guns, blood, hitting, stabbing, gore, explosions, and whatnot are shown in the movie.
The cast of Violent Night
Violent Night Age Rating
Motion Picture Rating (MPAA) Rated R for intense bloody violence, language throughout, and some sexual references.
What is an R rating? R means restricted. Under 17 needs to be accompanied by parents or adult guardians.
Does that mean kids can’t watch the movie? Not though. There are certain things that parents can talk to the kids about in the movie.
Parents or guardians can talk about the following:
- Drinking – What do you perceive about drinking? How do you think it affects health? Are there any consequences? Do you think this is right?
- Violence – How did that make you feel? Have you seen such an act somewhere else? What do you think, it’s lawfully right or wrong? There’s a difference between self-defence and fight
- Did you learn something from the movie? Does greed take you anywhere? Can you succeed with unlawful activities?
- What did you like the most about the movie and why? And, what did you hate about the movie and why?
- If you were given a chance to change the movie’s story, what would you change?
- Why do you think it is necessary to celebrate together as a family?
- Was the movie entertaining for you?
These are just some sample questions that, as a parent or a guardian, you can ask your children. This makes a healthy conversation and discussion about the movie and its collaterals.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why is Violent Night rated R?
Because of tons of blood, gore, and strong language
2. Can a 12-year-old watch it?
It is a great film but not for kids under 13
3. Can a 17-year-old watch an R-rated movie?
They need to be accompanied by parents or guardians
4. Is Violent Night a comedy?
It caters to action, comedy, thriller, crime, and fantasy genres.
5. Does Santa exist in real life?
It is a fantasy subject.
6. Is it okay for kids to see alcohol consumption?
Kids these days are way more intelligent than we think. They know many things. But there’s always a way to talk about certain things.
Conclusion – Violent Night Age Rating
Violent Night is a movie that revolves around Christmas eve. On the one hand, where Santa is upset about too much greed in people and lost empathy; on the other hand, crime happens. The fight, saving the family from being hostage and making people understand the core values.
It is right to give the movie an R-rating. Children need to be asked about the movie once they watch it. To know how and what they perceive from the movie.
If you watch the movie like a critic, you can find many flaws, but if you watch the movie to see the hidden message, you will definitely love the movie.
The movie is available on Prime for rent. We recommend watching the movie at least once.
Drop your reviews about the movie in the comment section below.