Maria Victora Henao born in 1961, Columbia is a well known author, journalist, writer and entreprenuer.
She is popularly known as the wife of the famous drug dealer “Pablo Escobar”.Escobar was once called the “greatest criminal in the world” and was a colombial drug lord. He was also known as “The king of cocaine”. Throughout his journey of terror and period of dominance she remained by his side as his wife until he died on 2nd December 1993 at the age of 44. “How could you sleep with that monster?”this was one of the question asked by a victim to her. She was asked about her decision to stay loyal to her husband Palbo Escobar himself, to which she always replied ” Because I loved him”.
Here we will be providing details about where Pablo Escobar’s wife is now, her net worth, children and facts about her personal life.
Age, height, weight and physical status
Table of Contents
Currently, Maria Victoria Henao is 59 years old. Henao weighs around 75 kilograms and she is 5 feet and 7 inches tall. Additionally, she has pretty black eyes and dark brown hairs.Her body stats are 34-26-35 inches and wears a bra cup size of 32B. She has no tattoos on her body.
Bio, parents and early life
Maria was born in 1961 in a small village of Palmira Valle Del Cueca in Colombia. She hold Columbian citizenship by birth. Her parents are Carlos Henao Vallejo and mother Leonor Zuleta. She also has siblings , brother- Pastora Heonao Bayen, Carlos Mario Henao Vallejo and no sister. She is known to be well educated.
Wealth and personal life
As in 2020, Maria Victoria Henao’s net worth is calculated approximately to U.S. $554,000. However, its hard to estimate her net worth at this moment. However, her popularity is gradually increasing and that will have an impact on her net worth and paycheck.
Currently, she is a widow after the death of her husband Pablo Escobar. She has two children, a son named Sebastian Marroquin aka Juan Pablo Escobar and daughter, Manuella Escobar.
Favorite color – Black
Favorite Actor – Robert De Niro
Favorite Cuisine – Italian Cuisine
Favorite Movie – The Lion King
Favorite holiday destination – Las Vegas
Hobbies – Travel, shopping and reading
Pablo was 27 years old at the time of their wedding and Maria was just 15 years old. Though Maria and Pablo were a happy married couple but the king of cocaine was involved in several affairs and had many girlfriends. One of his affair became the lime light and its still well documented . His affair with a journalist named Virginia Vallejo is pretty well known.
Maria was married to Pablo for 17 long years before he was shot dead by police in the year 1993. Later in 2000, Maria was also arrested along with her son under many charges including money laundering after her spot were disclosed by a television show.Although Maria denied all those allegations and stated that she was just Pablo’s wife and had nothing to do with his illegal bussiness. She was later released as none of her charges could be proved.
Later in 2015, Netflix released a series based on the life of Pablo Escobar, the coccaine king tittled as ‘Narcos’. Maria’s character in the series was played by a Mexican actress , Paulina Gaitan. Maria was shown as a strong willed woman and in some episodes she was also shown advising Pablo in his bussiness deals.
FACTS ABOUT MARIA VICTORIA HENAO
- While many suggested that it was her unconditional love for Pablo that made her tolerate all his corruption and his illegal businesses. However, Virginia in her book ‘Loving Pablo, hating Escobar, suggested that Maria was addicted to the lavish lifestyle that she had with Pablo. Maria also knew it would be almost impossible for her to take care of her and responsibilities for her son without the help of her husband.
- She had conflicts with her family because of marrying Pablo, so she could never ask for any help from them. Manuela, her daughter has never talked publicly about her father and also has broken all links with her relatives. Maria had her first child, her son when she was 16 and seven years later Manuela was born. Maria’s brother Carlos worked for her husband and was killed when Los Pepes raided one of the columbian drug house lord’s warehouses.
- Maria Victoria Henro is not on any social media sites.
- Pablo Escobar’s wife is alleged to have several million dollars and she is the author of the book, “My life with Pablo”.
- She has changed her name to Maria Isabel Santos Caballero and is currently settled in Buenos Aires, Argentina with her son, daughter and her grandchildren.
Stay with Stanford Art Review for the latest updates.