The game freaks waiting for GTA 6 should have some patience as Rockstar has not officially declared about the launching of the game. The latest gossip is that the game would be released in October 2023 and would be set in Miami. There is also a rumor about a single, male protagonist with the game set in the 1970s. The project is codenamed as “Project Americas”. Though we are uncertain about its launch, rumors are buzzing throughout the internet about the game. It may seem that it is in the early stages of its development.
Leaks and New Updates
Table of Contents
A new leak has emerged suggesting the game set is in the modern-day not in the 1970s. Tom Henderson, a tipster with a great track record has tweeted about it. He was asked about it on Twitter and he has retweeted the question by saying “It’s not set in the 1980s and is modern.”
UserJackOLantern1982 released a grand total about these new updates. He emphasized that the game will take place in multiple countries like Brazil in a fictional city based on Rio De Janeiro and Vice City in the US. Some more information given by him are below:
- There is only one playable male protagonist, despite there are also some rumors about being a female protagonist.
- Some missions would also take place in Liberty City.
- According to him, the game will be set in the 1970s-1980s. Hence, it still causes conflict.
- The weather would surely make a difference and a point to notice. It may also contain hurricanes and floods.
- The protagonist would be a drug smuggler named “Ricardo” who would run the errands in Vice City and climb your way up to the new South American area. There would also be a narrative character named “Kacey”.
- There will be a giant character too.
- The game is based on a chapter system like in Red Dead Redemption 2.
- All the equipment of the player would be stored in the trunk. If it wears body armor, then it will appear or can also store it in the car.
- It will also show a change in the eras. Buildings and cars would also appear changing.
- A young character named Martin Madrazo will also appear giving the missions involving hits on other gangs.
Rockstar Views on GTA 6
Rockstar North’s former President said during an interview with Develop magazine which gets the rumors started about the game. He said, “We don’t know what GTA 6 will be, but we’ve got some ideas. We’ve got about 45 years’ worth of ideas we want to do. We’ll pick the right ones. It comes from the idea first. Where it is going to be set is the first question. That then defines the missions; you’re doing different things in LA than in New York or Miami. The map and story get worked up together, and the story is a basic flow of how it works out so you can layer the mission in.”
Stay with StanfordArts Review for the latest updates