With an 8.3 IMBD rating, Jeetu Joseph’s Drishyam was appreciated worldwide. People were enthralled by its plot and not to mention its epic twist. Jeethu Joseph and Mohanlal team up once more to return to Georgekutty’s life in a continuation that has its share of important twists and turns. Having notoriety to preserve and desires to meet can either be a burden or a motivation.
But Drishyam 2 has lived up to the audiences’ expectations without any disappointment. Drishyam 2 has released today and is now streaming on Amazon Prime Video.
In the continuation of Drishyam’s (2013) plot, we saw George Kutty escaping from a murder in a perfect manner and saved his family from all the mishaps. Georgekutty is presently a theater owner who dreams of making a film based on a story he has composed. His senior daughter Anju (Ansiba) is still recouping from the stun of the traumatic occasions, whereas the more youthful girl Anu (Esther) is presently a somewhat defiant youngster. The whole family, more so his spouse Rani (Meena) is living their normal lives.
But how long will that prevail? Things change when the killing case from Drishyam is revived and the family is pulled back into the investigation.
Although this connection from Drishyam may act as a disadvantage to the film. It does not come as a stand-alone film. There are many instances that are taken as reference context from the first film. So, people might have to watch part 1 to understand the sequel.
- Mohanlal as Georgekutty,
- Meena as Rani, wife
- Ansiba Hassan as Anju, elder daughter
- Esther Anil as Anumol, Georgekutty’s younger daughter.
- Asha Sarath as Geetha Prabhakar, Varun’s mother, and former Inspector General
- Siddique as Prabhakar, Varun’s father, and Geetha’s husband.
- Murali Gopy as Thomas Bastin IPS, new Inspector General in charge of the Varun Prabhakar disappearance case.
- Ajith Koothattukulam as Jose George, an ex-convict sentenced for homicide
Stay with Stanford Arts Review for all the latest updates.