The American action police procedural show, NCIS revolves around a fictional team of special agents.
The Naval Criminal Investigative Service(NCIS) has completed seventeen full seasons. The show is made up of an interesting cast of characters.
The one thing that stands out the most in the series is agent Leroy Gibbs’ set of rules. He expects everyone on the team to follow the same. There are arguably sixty-nine rules and not all of them have been revealed.
The Gibbs rules
- Gibbs has two no. 1 rules, Never let the suspects sit together. The other, ‘Never screw over your partner’.
- Always wear gloves at the crime scene. Gibbs is very strict about making sure his team members are safe while investigating.
- Never believe what you are told.
- Best way to keep a secret, keep it to yourself. Second best, tell one other person- if you must. There is no third best.
- Do not waste good. According to Gibbs, whatever it is, if something is good, never waste it.
- Never say you’re sorry. It might sound rude but Gibbs strongly believes in keeping the word sorry out of his vocabulary.
- Always be specific when you lie. If you’re going to lie, be specific.
- Never take anything for granted. No one knows better than Gibbs that you never know how long you’re going to have something or someone.
- Never go anywhere without a knife
- Never get involved personally in a case
- When the job is done, walk away. Gibbs doesn’t recommend dwelling on a closed case.
- Never date a co-worker
- Never involve lawyers
- Bend the line, don’t break it. Agent Gibbs is all for his team members bending the line but he doesn’t want them to go too far.
- Always work as a team.
- If someone thinks he has upper hand, break it. As Gibbs isn’t afraid of anyone, he faces confrontations boldly.
- Better to seek forgiveness than as for permission.
- Always look under. One never knows what may be hiding underneath.
- Never ever bother Gibbs in interrogation
- Never mess with Marina’s coffee if you want to live.
Stay Tuned With Stanford Arts Review for More Updates