The ARIA Awards are called as Annual Australian Recording Industry Association Awards also in short called as ARIA Music Awards or The ARIAs. These consist of a series of awards which was occurred on 25 November 2020, with Delta Goodrem as host. However, due to COVID-safe restrictions, it was without an audience and was broadcast from the Star Event Centre, Sydney on the Nine Network around Australia.
In place of the usual Red Carpet event, a Pre-Show was broadcast from The Star’s backstage and was hosted by Ash London and Mitch Churi. The Pre-Show had 16 awards presented ahead of the main ceremony. This Award will be held live at The Star in Sydney and streamed live around the world exclusively on YouTube. Tune in exclusively on ARIA’s YouTube Channel from 4:30 pm AEDT 25 November 2020.
ARIA Awards 2020:
It took a lot of planning given COVID-19 restrictions, but the ARIA Awards 2020 was a success. Though many of the winners were in different cities and some in other countries everyone got a chance to say their thanks. Here will consider five awards which are determined by Popular Vote. Those are
- Song of the Year,
- Best International Artist,
- Best Australian Live Act,
- Best Video and
- Telstra ARIA Music Teacher Award.
The ARIA Hall of Fame, the Icon Award, and Lifetime Achievement Awards are awarded at the discretion of the ARIA Board. Upon the announcement of Archie Roach’s induction into the ARIA Hall of Fame, the Indigenous Australian musician reflected on changes for local First Nations people during his career. He had released his debut album, Charcoal Lane, in May 1990 and its lead single, “Took the Children Away. He detailed his own experience of the Stolen Generations and addressed the issue of the Australian government’s policy, where Indigenous children were forcibly removed from their parents.
- The biggest winner of the night was Perth-based Tame Impala, who won five out of seven awards including the coveted Album of the Year. Songwriter and rapper Sampa, the Great also dominated, taking home three awards including Best Female Artist.
- Sebastian has received the most ARIA nominations with 32 including four wins. Mauboy has had 27 nominations including two wins, and Season Five runner-up Matt Corby has received ten nominations including two wins.
- 5th Seconds Of Summer – ‘Teeth’ winner for the song of the year, Flume Feat named Vera Blue – ‘Rushing Back’ and Hilltop Hoods Feat for the Lime Cordiale – ‘Robbery’. The Rubens – ‘Live In Life’ with Tones and I – ‘Never Seen the Rain’
- Best Female Artist Sampa The Great for Amy Shark for Everybody Rise
- Best International Artist winner of the year goes to Harry Styles
- Best Male Artist winner of the year goes to Archie Roach for the Tell Me Why.