Nehru Zoological Park
Nehru Zoological Park is popularly known as Hyderabad Zoo and this zoo park is located near Mir Alam Tank in Hyderabad, Telangana, India. Nehru Zoological Park, Hyderabad was established in vides G.O.Ms. No.247, dated 26 October 1959 and opened to the public on 6 October 1963. It is one of the most visited destinations in Hyderabad. The Park is run by forest department, Government of Telangana, and is named after the first Prime Minister of India, Jawaharlal Nehru. The for most importance of the launch of this prak is The zoo runs multiple safari trips each day through the safari area where animals such as Asiatic lion, Bengal tiger, sloth bear etc. are housed. The zoo also has special educational shows and feeding sessions scheduled each day. Other attractions include a natural history museum and a train.
Nehru Zoological Park Repons after Covid
The Nehru Zoological Park will re-open for visitors from Tuesday onwards. However, children below 10 years and adults above 65 years have been advised to avoid visiting zoo especially on weekends and public holidays. Six months after being shut due to the covid 19 induced lockdown, the Nehru zoological park in Hyderabad will finally open its gates on October six again for the visitors. From wearing face masks to medicated footballs at the entrance, the zoo authorities have released a set of SOPS to ensure that the coronovirus infection does not spread among the visitors of the zoo. And the authority of the zoo have informed that
- The entry into the zoo without face mask is strictly prohibited.
- And those with high temperature is not allowed in the premises
- Visitors are also advised and monitored to maintain six feet distance from each other while moving around the premises. More particularly at the entrance gate and ticket counters
- Visitors can book their tickets through online ticketing system by logging onto the zoo website nehruzoopark.inor by installing mobile app ‘Nehru Zoological Park’.
- The battery operated vehicles will also be running with fifty percent occupancy to ensure social distancing norms
- Twice the day will do sanitizing the zoo with battery operating vehicle
- Also guest house booking will not be allowed for the time being.
According to authorities, it is mandatory for all the visitors to undergo thermal screening at the point of entry and those with symptoms of cold and fever would not be permitted into the zoo. The visitors were advised to follow social distancing while purchasing tickets. It is also mandatory for all the visitors and staff to wear face masks from the point of entry and during the visit. For the safety of the visitors, public area in the zoo will be sanitized twice a day. Sanitizers will be installed at some places like entrances, ticket counters and toilets. Spitting and littering in the zoo premises is strictly prohibited and it is punishable with a fine of Rs 1,000. Thus, Hyderabad government and Nehru zoological park are going to erect sign boards informing Covid – 19 protocols at several locations.