The Mandalorian third season is premiering and there is chatter online that the show is ending. The Mandalorian first premiered on Disney+ in 2019 and is one of the most loved Star Wars shows. But, amid season 3, talks have started churning that The Mandalorian Season 4 Cancelled. Well, we have some core information for you. Is it a rumor or something else? Stay with us till the end as we debunk the noise.
Quick Overview of ”The Mandalorian”
Table of Contents
Series name: The Mandalorian
Number of seasons: Three (3rd running)
Number of episodes: 24 (Seasons 1-3)
Based on: Star Wars
Writer: Jon Favreau
Director: Rick Famuyiva
Genre: Action and adventure
Cast: Pedro Pascal, Chris Barlett, Carl Weathers, etc.
Production: Los Angeles, California
Music: Ludwig Goransson
Country of origin: United States
First episode aired: On November 12, 2019 (EP01 S01)
Latest episodes: Airing every Wednesday (till 19th April 2023)
Available on: Disney+
Run time: 40 min each episode
Season 4 release date: expected in 2024 (hopefully)
Is The Mandalorian Season 4 Cancelled?
- While The Mandalorian’s first two seasons received overwhelming responses both from the audience and the critics, season 3 has received mixed reviews.
- Critic and audience scores on Rotten Tomatoes for the first two seasons were close to 95%.
- On the other hand, for the current season, critic and audience ratings had fallen to 86% and 69%. respectively.
- While some people appreciate and love the show.
- Meanwhile, some criticize the series for failing to have a cohesive narrative story.
- One of the episodes received backlash for overdoing the cameos by featuring Jack Black, Lizzo, and Christopher Lloyd in a scene that fans found ”cringe”.
— The Mandalorian (@themandalorian) April 10, 2023
- For this reason, rumors initiated that The Mandalorian Season 4 was Cancelled.
- Well, there is no official confirmation that the show is canceled.
- Fan backlash could be the reason for these rumors, as an article was published regarding the cancellation.
- According to that article, Disney CEO Bob Iger met with Lucasfilm’s Kathleen Kennedy, Dave Filoni, and Jon Favreau. Iger informed them that ”Disney was pulling the plug on further seasons of The Mandalorian”.
- Interestingly, that article was published on 1st April 2023, April Fool’s Day.
- Seemingly, it was a prank, but despite that, some users started questioning the basis of that news.
- This led to confusion in the minds of many viewers. But the good news is that The Mandalorian Season 4 is not canceled.
Let us debunk the rumors
Let us come to the fact! Well, it doesn’t look like The Mandalorian is coming to an end anytime soon. As the audience adores the Mandoverse characters, it is obvious that the showrunners want to keep returning to these characters.
In an interview, Jon Favreau said that the script of season 4 is already written. He mentioned that he wrote season 4 during the post-production of season 3, which would then feel like a continuation and one story. Yes, that is exciting for all The Mandalorian fans.
Moreover, Jon Favreau denied having any ending for the show anytime soon. Also, he has a lot in store for Din and Grogu to show to the audience. As long as Disney approves the show, The Mandalorian will continue exploring for as long as possible.
The Mandalorian Season 4 is underway
The director and series producer also addressed that the next chapter in the story will begin filming this year. So, though The Mandalorian Season 4 Release Date is not confirmed yet, it is definitely on the cards and will be out soon.
There are many upcoming Star Wars shows for Disney+, including ”Ahsoka”, ”Skeleton Crew”, ”The Acolyte”, and the second season of ”Andor”. Recently, Disney CEO Bob Iger mentioned that the company needs to cut around $3 billion to make the streaming division profitable. So, it is likely, that we will see a slowdown in the number of Star Wars projects coming on Disney+.
However, we know that the work on The Mandalorian season 4 is underway, but it might take a while to see it on our screens.
The mixed reviews and the fan backlash that season 3 is receiving aren’t enough to warrant the cancellation of Disney’s one of the best shows. It can just make people talk and may require some resolution by the show makers.
Many reviews for the Mandalorian season 3 episode 23 rave about the episode being the best in the show, showing a clear direction to the future of the show, gets them really excited for the finale, sets up Ahsoka tv show and raises the stakes for all the characters. pic.twitter.com/ABb2NJyTYx
— Mandoverse Updates (@Mando3Updates) April 10, 2023
As The Mandalorian digs deeper into the mysteries of his characters, the upcoming fourth season will have high stakes and unexpected turns in the story. So, is The Mandalorian Season 4 Cancelled? The truth is that the makers and the writers are preparing for the new season, and the Mandoverse is not ending anytime soon!