Emi Canyn was a well-known American singer and vocalist. She was a background singer for a popular Heavy Metal band, Motley Crue. She sang for Canon, She Roc, and Alice N Thunderland. Emi Canyn gained the limelight as Mick Mars’s wife before their divorce.
Also, she gained attention for her short-lived marriage with the guitarist Mick Mars. Sadly, she passed away on February 25, 2017. Here, we will discuss all the details about Emi Canyn and the reason for her death. Read further as we will talk about her demise at 62.
Who was Emi Canyn?
Table of Contents
Emi Canyn, a popular American singer and vocalist, was born in Tacoma, Washington, on December 3, 1954. Her parents’ names were Floyd Schmidt and Eleanor Schmidt. Not much information is available about her parents, as they passed away before her death.
She had a deep bond and love for her parents and seven siblings. She had four brothers and three sisters. The names of her siblings were-
- Kenneth Schmidt (Monique)
- Barbara Reines (Johny)
- H. Douglas Schmidt (Janet)
- Jeri Ovechka (Ron)
- Rob Schmidt (Dee)
- Jon Schmidt
- Joan MacMahan, passed away before Emi did.
Mick’s Ex-wife had American Nationality and was of white origin. Also, she is a Christian by religion and belongs to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Emi completed her high school education at Mount Tahoma High School in 1973.
She was a tall woman with an amazing personality. Her height was 6 feet 2 inches (183 cm), and her weight was 52 kg (114.6 lbs).
Summary of Emi Canyn’s Biography
Full Name: Emi Canyn
Birth name: Emi Jo Schmidt
Date of Birth: December 5, 1954
Zodiac sign: Sagittarius
Place of birth: Tacoma, Washington, United States
Parents: Floyd Schmidt and Eleanor Schmidt
Number of Siblings: Seven (four brothers and three sisters)
High School: Mount Tahoma High School
Highest Education: Unknown
University/ College: Unknown
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Marital Status: Divorced
Profession: American singer and vocalist
Ex-husband: Mick Mars
Height: 6 feet 2 inches (183 cm)
Weight: 52 kg (114.6 lbs)
Date of Death: February 25, 2017
Age at the time of death: 62 years
Net Worth: $1 million
Emi Canyn’s Singing Career
- Emi Canyn lived her early life in Washington with her family. Later, in the 1970s, she moved to California to pursue her singing career.
- Later, she became acquainted with popular bands like Canon, She Roc, and Alice N Thunderland as a lead vocalist.
- Furthermore, she started touring as a background singer with a famous band of those times, Motley Crue.
- Her net worth at the time of death is approximately $1 million.
Emi Canyn’s Marriage with Mick Mars
Mick Mars was the lead guitarist at her touring heavy metal band Motley Crue. After dating for almost two years, Emi Canyn and Mick Mars decided to exchange vows. The couple got married on September 29, 1990. The public well received the wedding of the popular musician couple. Emi got highly popular with the well-renowned Guitarist Mick Mars. He was one of the best guitarists of that time to date.
Emi was Mick’s second wife. Before his wedding to Emi, he married Sharon Deal in 1971. Also, the couple had two children in their relationship of three years, after which they divorced in 1974. The names of their kids were Les Paul Deal and Stormy Deal.
During their period of marriage together, Emi Canyn and Mick didn’t have any children.
Emi Canyn and Mick Mars Divorce
Their relationship was smooth in the first two years of their married life. However, in the third year, Mick filed for divorce from Emi. Reportedly, the reason for the divorce filing was Emi’s increasing closeness with Chet Thompson, the lead guitarist of the band Alice N Thunderland. Further, Mick disclosed that their romantic closeness was beyond normal band activities. Finally, they ended their marriage the same year when the divorce was filed.
Ex-husband: Mick Mars
Date of Marriage: September 29, 1990
Year of Divorce: 1993
Duration of Marriage: Three years
Number of children: None
Reason for Divorce: Emi’s closeness with Chet Thomson
— MotleyShout (@MotleyShout) May 8, 2017
Emi Canyn’s Dating History
- The singer was married to Mick Mars, the renowned guitarist, for around three years.
- After that, Emi was seen in a relationship with Chet Thomson, the lead guitarist of the band Alice N Thunderland, while she was working with the band.
- Additionally, she was also seen in a relationship with Paul Taylor.
- Also, she was close with Marc Nelson, the band’s drummer.
- Lastly, before her death, she was spotted in a romantic relationship with American percussionist Seann Scott.
Mick Mars’s Dating History
- Mick Mars married Sharon Deal in 1971 and had two children with her. In 1974, the couple got separated.
- Then, in 1990, he married Emi Canyn, with whom he had three years of married life. They had no children together.
- After divorcing Emi in 1993, the guitarist got into a relationship with Robbie Mantooth. They were together for around ten years and parted ways in 2004.
- Finally, Mick Mars married Seraina Schonenberger, who is 33 years younger than him. She has been a Swiss model since 2013.
Emi Canyn’s Death and its reason
Emi Canyn passed away on February 25, 2017, at 62. At the time of death, she was residing in Lacey, Washington. The exact cause of her death is unknown. According to the reports, she had a natural death. But, her death raised many questions about the cause of her death by her fans, friends, and well-wishers. According to the Australian fan club of Motley Crue, her death was revealed three months later, in May 2017.
Additionally, some people believe there must be a reason for her death which is kept under wraps. So, the fans are searching on the internet for the reason for Emi Canyn’s death.
In her honor, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints members held a memorial in April 2017. Many fans got attracted to this and came to pay tribute to the legendary singer and vocalist.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Who was Emi Canyn?
Ans. Emi Canyn was an American singer and vocalist, better known as the ex-wife of Mick Mars, a lead guitarist.
Q2. When did Emi Canyn die?
Ans. Unfortunately, Emi died on February 25, 2017.
Q3. What was her age at the time of death?
Ans. Sadly, the singer was 62 years old at the time of her death.
Q4. What was the place of her death?
Ans. At the time of death, she was residing in Lacey, Washington.
Q5. What was the reason for Emi Canyn’s death?
Ans. According to reports, she had a natural death. However, the exact cause is unknown.
Q6. Who is Emy Canyn survived by?
Ans. She is survived by her siblings Kenneth Schmidt (Monique), Barbara Reines (Johny), H. Douglas Schmidt (Janet), Jeri Ovechka (Ron), Rob Schmidt (Dee), and Jon Schmidt.
It becomes very disheartening when a legendary artist passes away. Further, pain is added when the reason for the passing away is not clear. Well, whatever the cause of death is, we wish that she is always remembered. Also, her family and friends stay strong and sound.
For more such updates, keep visiting our website. Thanks for reading!!