Got fatigued with your Overchange name? This post is regarding How to Change the overwatch Name on PS4, Xbox, and PC.
It is undeniable that Overwatch is one of the best-balanced shooter games in the market right now. The game is available on a variety of platforms and has a large player base. A Gamertag or an in-game name is the most unique way of identification in the game.
The name that you set in Overwatch is known as “BattleTag”. This name consists of a name followed by a unique number. Due to this system, no two players can have the same name. This is possible due to the unique non-customizable 5-digit tag number that is automatically assigned at the end of each BattleTag.
The sad part is that you can set the name of BattleTag only one time when you open your account. The game only allows you to change the name for free once. After that, you need to pay a good dime.
Overwatch is offering free name changes to all players. This tutorial will guide you on How can you change Overwatch Name on various devices.
How to change your Overwatch name for free
Table of Contents
To change your name in Overwatch, you will need your account email address and password, as well as any authentication methods if set.
- Log into your Battle.Net profile.
- Click into Account Details, and scroll down to the BattleTag section.
- Change your BattleTag to what you like, save, and game on!
Check out Social Rebel Review Here
How to change the Overwatch name on Xbox, PS4, and also on PC :
- First and foremost, you have to go to blizzard.com
- Once you are on the official Blizzard website, you can log in to your Blizzard account.
- In order to do this, you can go to the “My Account” option on the top-right drop-down menu.
- After successfully logging in to your Blizzard account using your Username and password, you can go to the “Account settings” option from the drop-down menu.
- Going to the Blizzard Account settings will redirect you to a new web page: account.battle.net/overview.
- On this web page, you can go to the “Account Details” option from the left tab.
- Under Account Details, you can move down and find the “BATTLETAG” name section.
- Now, you can click on the “Update” option on the top right of the name section.
- Finally, you can now enter a new Battletag name here.
Even if you don’t want to change your name right now, it’s a good idea to take advantage of the promotion to get a free name change request for the future.
After your free change, you’ll have to pay $10 to change it again. This has to be one of the most annoying monetization efforts imaginable because it costs Blizzard absolutely nothing to let you change your name, as the mechanism is already in place. This is just an arbitrary charge to make money out of you.
This was regarding How to Change Overwatch Name. I hope you will find this tutorial really helpful.