World Association of Sleep Medicine is preparing an annual celebration named World Sleep Day every year on the Friday before the March Equinox. The ambition of the World Sleep Day Committee of the World Sleep Society is to promote stable and sound sleep which is done to anticipate and contrive sleep disorder. They draw awareness of the difficulty in sleep and its problems and their medical, educational, and social aspects.
This year the World Sleep Society will be celebrating it’s 14th annual World Sleep Day. This year they’ll be promoting the benefits and educate people about the proper sleep schedule so that the world can achieve maximum quality of life and develop global health.
The Slogan 2021
Table of Contents
19 March 2021, will be the day of celebrating World’s Sleep Day. Besides the decided date, we have the slogan for 2021. The slogans for every year has been different and unique. This year the slogan says ‘Regular Sleep, Healthy Future’. It focuses on the benefit of conventional sleep. The researches have proved that the person who takes proper sleep has a better mood, psychomotor performance, and academic achievement than the one who doesn’t have a sleep schedule.
Let’s look at the previous years’ slogans:
- 2020 “Better Sleep, Better Life, Better Planet”
- 2019 “Healthy Sleep, Healthy Aging”
- 2018 “Join the Sleep World, Preserve Your Rhythms to Enjoy Life”
- 2017 “Sleep Soundly, Nurture Life”
- 2016 “Good Sleep is a Reachable Dream”
- 2015 “When Sleep is Sound, Health and Happiness Abound”
- 2014 “Restful Sleep, Easy Breathing, Healthy Body”
- 2013 “Good Sleep, Healthy Aging”
- 2012 “Breathe Easily, Sleep Well”
- 2011 “Sleep Well, Grow Healthy”
- 2010 “Sleep Well, Stay Healthy”
- 2009 “Drive Alert, Arrive Safe”
- 2008 “Sleep Well, Live Fully Awake”
How to fix our unhealthy routine of sleep?
The World Sleep Society focuses on these ten recommendations to improve the sleeping schedule:
- Fix a bedtime and an awakening time.
- If you are in the habit of taking a nap, do not exceed 45 minutes of daytime sleep.
- Avoid excessive alcohol ingestion 4 hours before bedtime and do not smoke.
- Avoid caffeine 6 hours before bedtime. This includes coffee, tea and many sodas, as well as chocolate.
- Avoid heavy, spicy, or sugary foods 4 hours before bedtime. A light snack before bed is acceptable.
- Exercise regularly, but not right before bed.
- Use comfortable bedding.
- Find a comfortable temperature setting for sleeping and keep the room well ventilated.
- Block out all distracting noise and eliminate as much light as possible.
- Reserve the bed for sleep and sex. Don’t use the bed as an office, workroom or recreation room.
This may help you to take a step to improve your sleeping schedule and that will lead to the proper functioning of your brain.
Stay Tuned With Stanford Arts Review for More Updates
I have a keen interest in writing about the latest gossip and spicy news in the world of tech and entertainment world. I am a gadget freak, I used to buy new gadgets and review them by writing on stanfordartsreview. On this site, i cover entertainment and celebrity news as well. Know more about me here