2020 surely rocked the world in its entirety almost from the beginning when the current pandemic COVID-19 broke out. With many countries under lockdown and strict foreign regulations regarding international travel, every country seems to be affected economically, socially, and even emotionally on a personal basis.
People wearing face masks, excessive sanitization, social distancing, and the resultant fear and trauma relating to when it will end; 2020 is something no human with a sound mind would forget. Whether we learned something this year or not is an entirely different question.
With that said, many of us are now hoping for better things to arrive in 2021. But since we are dealing with something on a very large scale, some fear that the worse is yet to come. We do wish for better things to arrive, but looking at the predictions by Nostradamus, I guess we will be seeing some memes which would implicitly say, “This is way worse.”
Who is Nostradamus?
Table of Contents
Michel de Nostradame, better known as Nostradamus, was a French astrologer, physician, and a renowned seer. Born in 1503 in Saint Remy de Provence, Southern France; he is known for his book Les Propheties. The book contains 6338 prophecies written by Nostradamus which are written in 942 poetic quatrains.
Interestingly, the first edition of this book was published in 1555 and the predictions go as far as for the year 3707. Considering both the author and the book were from the 16th century, until now more than two thirds of his predictions have been accurate; in other words, have been true.
Some of these include the French Revolution, Hitler rising to power, The Second World War, the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, and even the 9/11 terrorist attack in New York. Even the current coronavirus pandemic is looked as the fulfillment of one of his foretellings. This is why even today, Nostradamus’ predictions are looked at.
Major Predictions for 2021 by Nostradamus
- A Zombie Apocalypse – As per Nostradamus’ prophecies, a Russian scientist will create a virus or some kind of a biological weapon which would contain a virus. The virus would turn humans into zombies and it would become a ‘zombie movie coming to life’. The rampage would lead to the extinction of humans and humanity s a whole.
- A Great Famine – While the coronavirus outbreak can be looked as one, the French seer prophesied the arrival of a gigantic famine, combined with earthquakes and viral outbreaks, causing diseases. The scale would be as massive as mentioned in biblical texts. And a large part of the world would never recover from it.
- Solar Storms – This decade witnessed a number of solar flares. Recently in December, Earth saw the biggest solar flare in three years. The predictions say that the planet will face some huge solar storms, causing destruction in the form of rising sea levels and submerging of land. This will result in mass migration, which would cause a struggle over the remaining resources, even leading to war.
- Impact or Passing of an Asteroid – Nostradamus also probably predicted about an asteroid approaching the Earth and even hit it, also resulting in natural calamities. On entering the atmosphere, the asteroid would born and glow, which would look like ‘fire in the sky’. As per NASA, an asteroid 2009JF1 could hit the planet on May 6 2021, although the probability is 0.026%. The explosive force would be 230Kt, 15 times more than the atomic ‘Little Boy’ that hit Hiroshima.
- A Massive Earthquake in the West – The great astrologer also mentions in his book about a powerful earthquake, which would hit North America; California to be precise. The quatrains also predict the time as ‘Mercury in Sagittarius, Saturn fading’. The planets will be in the said position on November 25 2021.
- Man and Machine Combine – Nostradamus’ prophecies, quite intriguingly, also talk about soldiers getting chip implants in their brains. We already see the nanotechnology and artificial intelligence gaining more importance, the result being small computers, smartphones and high performance apps. The year 2021 will kick it up a notch further by these implants into soldiers, in an attempt to save humanity. The chip would grant intelligence beyond our physical limits and even turn the soldiers into real life cyborgs.
Stay Tuned With Stanford Arts Review for More Updates.