Venus Optics formally launched the Laowa 11mm with a fisheye lens of f/4.5 FF RL. Mirrorless cameras have the advantage of usually being lighter, more compact, faster, and better for video; but that comes at the cost of access to fewer lenses and accessories. Thus, New Laowa’s 11 mm is designed to make use of full-frame mirrorless cameras where it is well-matched with Leica M, Sony FE, Nikon Z, and L mount cameras. The aim of Laowa 11mm f/4.5 is high mobility, compressive, and lightness to give landscape, travel, and interior photographers for their traveling flexibility and said to be the current the world’s widest rectilinear lens with a front filter thread. Thus hereby, lets the see the features of new laowa’s 11mm lens below
Full frame mirrorless camera
A mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera (MILC), frequently simply a mirrorless camera, also called Digital single-lens mirrorless, and sometimes also called an Electronic viewfinder, interchangeable lens. The word “mirrorless” indicates that the camera does not have a reflex mirror or optical viewfinder like a conventional digital single-lens reflex camera (DSLR), but an electronic viewfinder which displays what the camera image sensor sees.
It looks like a single, removable lens and uses a digital display system rather than an optical viewfinder. In simple, the mirrorless camera mechanics allow photographers to shoot more photos per second, at higher shutter speeds.
Many mirrorless cameras retain a mechanical shutter. Like a DSLR, an interchangeable-lens mirrorless camera accepts any of a series of interchangeable lenses compatible with the lens mount of that camera. Also, except for using high-end DSLRs in mirrorless cameras comprise an edge and the lack of a mirror makes it easier to take image after image. A mirrorless interchangeable lens camera is an alternative to the digital single-lens reflex camera (DSLR). Therefore, compared to DSLR cameras, mirrorless cameras are mechanically simpler and are typically smaller, lighter, and quieter due to the elimination of the moving mirror.
- The small powerful lens features an ultra-wide 126-degree AoV with only 254g weight.
- It is designed with a 62mm filter thread for screw-in filters where photographers can use easily; however, Venus Optics has also announced a new 100mm magnetic filter holder for use with slide-in filters.
- The Laowa 11mm f/4.5 FF RL is comprised of 14 elements in 10 groups, of which there are two aspherical lens and three extra-low dispersion elements to keep bend and chromatic peculiarity at the basin.
- It offers a close focusing distance of just7.4″/ 19cm from the subject to the sensor. This ultra-wide-angle lens allows you to create macro-style images and support photographers.
- With a 5-bladed aperture in Laowa 11mm help to create a clean and appealing 10-point Sunstar rendering.
- Venus Optics says the Laowa 11mm f/4.5 FF RL supports rangefinder coupling on Leica M cameras. And to cover and get a bigger area, there is a focusing tab to improve stability.
In general, the wider selection of lenses will give better optical viewfinders and a much better battery life.