Yale is a lock manufacturer company owned by Assa Abloy. It is associated with the Pin tumbler lock also known as Yale Lock.
Yale Company has a history of 180 years and is headquartered in Stockholm.
About Nest x Yale Locks
The Nest x Yale Locks are crafted in a tampered-proof that is connected with your phone i.e. you need to use your phone to unlock or have control access to your home.
This needs no key to put in the keyhole to get into the house. This lock can replace the most common deadbolt locks.
To get this kind of lock, the thickness as well as the backset matter. Backset means the distance between the edge of your door and the center of the hole for your deadlock.
Features of the Lock
The Lock has a different set of features, these are:
- To get the notifications regarding the low battery of the lock, someone has put in incorrect passwords, etc., one needs to install the Nest app in their phones.
- The lock has a white button that is used to pair your phone to the Nest app to set up the pin, also it turns into the Privacy mode.
- The lock can automatically lock itself within the time set one to choose i.e. 10 seconds, 1 minute, and 5 minutes.
- The Nest x Yale Lock is certified by ANSI/BHMA A156.36 Grade 2. It is designed to work outside temperatures as cold as -22 degrees and as hot as 140 degrees F.
- The lock can withstand the dust, rain, and snow.
Recent Updates on the Locks
Google came up with new updates which include new smart controls as well as dark mode.
The locks can be controlled by Google Home App now without installing any other Apps. The initial controller was the Nest App which is now changed to Google Home App.
Th guest access and view history was only in the Nest App and not in Google Home App because of security reasons.
One can even customize the tone volume and enabling and disabling one-touch locking.
The locking status will be displayed in the Google home App. Besides, the locking status, it also show the unlock button on the App.
The App will also show whether previously and the lights added will turned on when used.