Niantic Incorporation is a private American software development company based in San Francisco. The company is best known for developing augmented games i.e. an interactive experience of the real-world environment where the object residing in the real world is enhanced by the computer-generated perceptual information. These games are- Pokémon Go, Ingress, and Harry Potter; Wizards Unite.
Niantic Inc. was initially called Niantic Labs which was founded by John Hanke in 2010. Google also took part as the initial start-up member. Niantic Inc. has its stations in different countries like- Los Angeles, Tokyo, London, Hong Kong etc.
Products developed by Niantic
Table of Contents
There are various products which Niantic developed. These are Field Trip, Ingress and Ingress Prime, Endgame: Proving Ground, Pokémon Go and Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Field Trip is a location-based application which is used as the guide to the cool, hidden and unknown things in the world around you. This was the first product produced in 2012.
Ingress, Pokémon Go, and Harry Potter: Wizards Unite are all mobile-based game application, which was developed for people and children to play in their free time.
The best mobile game played by a good percentage of people around the world is Pokémon Go. It is a mobile game played by both IOS and Android system users.
This game was developed in collaboration with Nintendo. Niantic and The Pokémon Company. It is an augmented-reality, location-based game.
There is recent news about the Tiers being reorganized. There are 7 tiers in the game which aims to tackle the questions of where best to spend your resources.
- Tier 1- talks about Pokémon being superior species having high attach, great moves and beneficial make them superior.
- Tier 2- are considered the best tier among other tiers but have slightly less typing and are slightly weaker than Tier 1.
- Tier 3- it has less power and meta relevance as compared to Tier 1.
- Tier 4- is the lowest tier having very less meta relevance in the grand scheme of things.
- Tier 5- has quite a powerful Pokémon but are always outclassed.
- Tier 6- compared to Tier 5, tier 6 Pokémon’s have less meta relevance.
- Tier 7- Pokémon’s under this Tier is just the backup choice.
It is said that Tier 2 and Tier 4 being discontinued. The players or trainers used to get rewards but now since it is said that Tier 2 and 4 will get discontinued, the raids, in general, will become far more lucrative as the players will see much better rewards and the previous tier’s rewards will get added in the higher tier’s rewards.