Gamescom 2020 Winner
Gamescom is known as the trade fair for video games and held every year at the Koelnmesse in Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. After 2018, Gamescom has been organized by Association of the German video game industry (i.e. Verband der Deutschen Games-Branche) and before that, Bundesverband Interaktive Unterhaltungssoftware (BIU) organized the game.
It replaces Games Convention which was held in Leipzig, Saxony, and Germany. Many video game developers use Gamescom to exhibit upcoming games and game-related latest hardware. Gamescom is considered as the world’s largest gaming event in terms of exhibition space and number of visitors. In 2008, about 380,000 visitors and 1037 exhibitors from across 56 countries visited the exhibition.
Gamescom serves as the central platform mainly for the European computer- and video game industry. It brings together retail, trade, and the media to provide the ideal setting for the cultivation and establishment of business relationships.
Gamescom 2020 was scheduled to be held from 25–29 August in Cologne, Germany. But due to lockdowns imposed by the COVID-19 pandemic, the Government of Germany announced that all public events through August 2020 were banned for safety measures. The organizing team of Gamescom announced that some portions of the whole exhibition will be held in online mode. Organizers have confirmed the plans for the online Gamescom to begin from the night of 27 August 2020 and will go till 30 August to feature a schedule of online developer interviews and events and a wrap-up show.
Many of the games show off a brilliant performance on the first day of Gamescom. A better glimpse at some next-gen titles such as Dragon Age 4 and Ratchet and Clank Rift. Given below are some participants of Gamescom 2020:
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
- World of Warcraft: Shadowlands
- Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond VR
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
- Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time
- Doom Eternal: The Ancient Gods Part 1
- Fall Guys Season 2
- Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition
- New Dragon Age
- Star Wars Squadrons, and many more.
Gamescom 2019 Winner
In comparison to previous years, the fewer people visited Sony’s Gamescom 2019 because of the absence of big projects such as The Last of Us: Part II and Ghost of Tsushima taking a backseat.
Given below are the category wise list of winners of Gamescom 2019:
- Best of Gamescom 2019: Dreams (Sony Interactive Entertainment)
- Best Action-Adventure Game: Blacksad: Under the Skin (Astragon Entertainment)
- Best Action Game: DOOM Eternal (ZeniMax Germany)
- Best Family Game: Concrete Genie (Sony Interactive Entertainment)
- Best Racing Game: Grid (Codemasters)
- Best Role-Playing Game: Wasteland 3 (Koch Media)
- Best Simulation Game: Planet Zoo (Frontier)
- Best VR/AR Game: Marvel’s Iron Man VR (Sony Interactive Entertainment)
- Best Hardware: Xbox Elite Controller 2 (Microsoft)
- Most Original Game: Dreams (Sony Interactive Entertainment)
- Best PlayStation 4 Game: Dreams (Sony Interactive Entertainment)
- Best Xbox One Game – Gears 5 (Microsoft)
- Best Nintendo Switch Game – The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening (Nintendo)
- Best PC Game – Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint (Ubisoft)
- Best Mobile Game – Nightwar: Mobile Edition (HandyGames)
- Best Sports Game: Roller Champions (Ubisoft)
- Best Strategy Game: Desperados III (THQ Nordic)
- Best Multiplayer Game: Borderlands 3 (2K Games)
- Best Ongoing Game: Monster Hunter: World – Iceborne (Capcom)
- Entertainment area
- Indie area
- Cosplay village
- Retro Gaming
- Gamescom Campus
- Family and friends
- Fanshop area
- Business area